Sunday 14 March 2010

2.5 miles slow

Felt a bit better so I went out with Natasha before breakfast as far as Kelvinbridge, before continuing along Great Western Road and up Queen Margaret Drive, mainly just to test my injury. Ran in the death boots for added stability and cushioning. It was probably better than Wednesday evening's run but I hadn't recovered enough to try running on it again later on. Just like the previous Saturday morning run with Natasha, I had some unusually high HR readings, this time until I was halfway up Queen Margaret Drive, although I had no other symptoms at all. If I'd noticed the HR reading at the time, I would have checked my pulse. Got back home in 20:36 for the 2.49 miles, average pace 8:15/mile, HR 149. I was still mostly in HR zone 4 and even 5 (briefly) for a mile after Natasha had headed down South Woodside Road to meet Meggan, so it can't be interference from anything she's wearing. I suspect a problem with the chest strap (poor contacts or weak battery).

Pace splits (ave. HR): 8:44 (159), 8:00 (142), 7:50 (141)
HR zones: 1.1%, 32.0%, 40.8%, 24.9%, 1.1%
Weekly total: 19 miles

No comments: