Thursday 25 March 2010

4.6 miles tempo

Didn't quite feel up to training with the club but I thought I would give it a try, relying on Tiger Balm and the adiZero Tempo to get me through it. The route was either 6 or 9 miles, intended to be run at a fairly steady pace. I still had some lower leg pain but survived the first mile OK, along Maryhill Road and down Cowal Road, although I had some doubts as to whether I'd manage the full 9. After Cleveden Road, with the pace increasing, we were supposed to cross Great Western Road and head up Anniesland Road towards Knightswood, but I got slowed down on the central reservation and ended up at the back of the pack as we approached Anniesland Station on about 3 miles. The effort it would have taken to return to the front was fairly daunting on account of the ongoing mild leg pain, and it occurred to me that I would probably have to maintain that for the rest of the run, so I took the opportunity to bail out and head back up Crow Road. Distance was 4.59 miles, time 31:45 for a 6:55/mile average, HR 158. My right instep was sore as I drove home but undoing the laces helped a bit.

Pace splits (ave. HR): 7:16 (146), 7:05 (160), 6:23 (162), 7:08 (162), 6:33 (162)
HR zones: 1.2%, 2.9%, 49.4%, 46.5%, 0%

No comments: