Friday 17 September 2010

5.5 miles steady

Went out for a few miles in Ulm, following a cycle path from the hotel down to the Danube, then along the Baden-Württemberg side of the river until I reached a convenient bridge at a power station where I crossed to the Bavaria side to run back. There were a couple of kilometre markers already in place for Sunday's marathon. I wore the LunarGlide 2 but was unable to gauge my pace properly as my Garmin Forerunner 305 appeared to have developed a fault en route to Germany and would switch itself off after about 2 seconds, immediately after the startup screen. No amount of soft or hard resets made any difference. It was vaguely possible that the unit had accidentally been switched on and the battery had discharged, but there was no battery warning and I hadn't brought the charger anyway. I just made do with the sports watch I had brought for the marathon and traced the route out later on gmap-pedometer.com. It came out at 5.45 miles, time 38:49 for a 7:07/mile average.

No comments: