Saturday 25 September 2010

George Cummings relay

I was out on the third leg for a depleted A team. Wore the adiZero Mana as I couldn't decide on a preferred racing shoe. I set off with a gap of over 30 seconds in front and a few runners not too far behind. During the first mile, the footsteps behind me seemed to be getting closer all the time. I didn't look behind me, and after we turned off the main road and headed uphill, they disappeared. After a fast opening mile to take advantage of the downhills, the rest of the course was hard work, and I could only occasionally see a runner from Kilbarchan in the distance, although I did start to pass the odd backmarker. Without gaining or losing any places I finished in 14:26, which was the fastest time for Garscube on the day, and only 6 seconds down from 2008. We finished 13th overall. Left hip tightened up later on.

No comments: