Tuesday 5 October 2010

5.1 miles fartlek

Needing to get some leg speed back I took part in the club fartlek session, which took us up Woodvale Avenue, down Boclair Road, through Bearsden Cross and down Drymen Road and Switchback Road to the top gate. Numbers were slightly down for a Tuesday session, possibly due to the early start, so we went out as a single large pack. The average pace was consequently quite slow so I made up for it by putting in a decent effort on the fast sections, recording a maximum HR of 190. Felt quite nauseous after reaching Canniesburn Road but I managed to recover enough for a final sprint along Switchback Road. Wore the LunarGlide 2 for speed, although the uneven pavements were dangerous in places and I was reminded that I don't normally do this type of session in the dark. Total distance was 5.11 miles.

HR zones: 8.3%, 49.6%, 19.7%, 16.8%, 5.6%

No comments: