Saturday 21 November 2009

1.3 miles very slow, 6 miles moderate

In the morning I was last runner marshal for a schools cross-country race and after a reasonably brisk start ended up having to walk most of the rest of the way. In the afternoon I didn't feel like doing anything at all but I had started a new stretching regime on Friday evening and wanted to see if there had been any improvement. I also dug out the Brooks Racer ST4 for the first time since I had glued the sole back on. The route I selected took me through Ruchill Park, up Balmore Road, along Skirsa Street, past Summerston Station and back down Maryhill Road. It went OK and I took advantage of the lighter shoes, completing the 6.04 miles in 39:44, 6:35/mile. Pace splits: 6:57, 6:28, 6:26, 6:34, 6:39, 6:26, 6:18.

No comments: