Tuesday 3 November 2009

3.2 miles moderate

I took Monday off to recover and dodged the club's mixed reps session on Tuesday, preferring to try out my new cross-country spikes by running laps of the cricket pitch in Garscube Estate. It was hard to see where I was running in the dark and the ground was very heavy in places. On the third or fourth lap I was getting close to an average pace of 7:00/mile when I noticed a dark figure about 100m ahead and couldn't make out if it was a large dog or somebody in dark clothes. I stopped for a bit to see what was happening and it looked like they were doing the same thing I was, so I got moving again and eventually overtook them. I had only planned to run about 2 miles but continued until I had got my average pace below 7:00 according to the Forerunner, which happened after 3.2 miles, although SportTracks decided my average pace was actually 7:02 when I imported the data later on. Time was 22:30. Pace splits: 7:17, 7:24, 6:33, 6:23.

No comments: