Thursday 26 May 2011

Polaroid Clydebank 10K

I had just about managed to take care of any injury worries so was confident of making a reasonable attempt at the second 10K in the series. The gale-force winds from earlier in the week had died down but it was still quite blustery. I attempted once again to run 3:25 per kilometre, with more success. I moved past a few folk between 2 and 3K and went through 5K in 17:05. On reaching the canal on the second lap, I had a quick look back, and there was a significant gap behind me, but I began to develop a stitch and gradually lost touch with the Bellahouston Road Runner in front of me, and was subsequently passed by his clubmate with just a couple of kilometres to go. Aware that I was struggling, I risked another look back in the Business Park and saw that I was fairly safe from being overtaken again. I finished in a chip time of 34:52, 3rd Vet and 11th overall. I was also first Garscube finisher, making me the club 10K champion. We took the third team prize behind Shettleston and Bellahouston. It was slightly disappointing not to improve on the previous week's time but I was still happy to finish inside 35 minutes again.

6.22 miles in 34:52, average pace 5:36/mile

No comments: