Tuesday 14 June 2011

1500m

I drove to Scotstoun at about 8pm expecting to wait at least an hour to take part in the 1500m in the club championship, only to find that events were running well ahead of schedule and the race was due to start as soon as the junior race was finished. I was aiming for 70 seconds per lap, which I managed for the first lap, but the second was 72 and I had decidedly heavy legs from Sunday's 10K. I was also noticing a strange sensation underfoot, possibly from a combination of spikes and X Socks. By that point I was running with one of the older juniors who was ineligible for the senior championship. On the back straight of the final lap he moved ahead. I wasn't able to make a race of it but finished in 4:32 to win my 8th 1500m championship. Might have posted a better time if it hadn't been right after the Polaroids, but I also haven't raced on the track in over 2 years. Jogged a couple of laps afterwards.

No comments: