Thursday 24 June 2010

6.5 miles steady

In the afternoon I headed along a busy seafront and up Chemin des Sables for a loop of Cap d'Antibes, wearing the Distance S instead of the Vomeros for a change. The boulevard along the coast seemed to go on for so long that I wondered if I had missed my turn, but I eventually found the road which took me up to Boulevard du Cap, which also went on for ages. On the way back down Chemin des Sables I stepped briefly off the pavement to dodge a couple of unyielding tourists. It turned out that there wasn't enough space between a car and a lamp post to do this safely at speed, and I clipped the car's wing mirror before crashing to the ground. Got straight back up and took a more direct route back to the hotel to inspect varying degrees of damage to my left shoulder, elbow, hand, hip and knee. Completed the 6.48 miles in 44:55, average pace 6:56/mile. I don't remember the last time I fell while running on the road. It may have been during a long rep session in Garscube Estate several years ago when I tripped on a speed bump.

Pace splits: 7:49, 7:00, 6:45, 6:55, 6:37, 6:44, 6:29

No comments: