Saturday 9 November 2013

Parkrun 5K

Ran down to Victoria Park for another crack at the Parkrun, vaguely hopeful of beating 17 minutes although conscious that my weekly mileage still wasn't back to what it should be. On the way there I ran a mini-fartlek to stretch the legs a bit. From the start I was in a group of three taking on the pace, and despite intending to run more sensibly than last time, I checked my pace on the far side of the pond and it was once again inside 5-minute miles. Eased off a little and was soon in second place with the leader not too far ahead, but I couldn't do anything to close the gap, and sub-17 was also out of the question after the second lap. I finished 10 seconds adrift in 17:18, 17 seconds down on my previous attempt, giving me an average pace of 5:34/mile. Ran back home to warm down. Warm-up and warm-down were 2.14 miles and 2.07 miles respectively.

Pace splits: 5:19, 5:38, 5:44, 5:17

No comments: