Tuesday 2 February 2010

6.7 miles fartlek

I trained with the club on a Tuesday for once as it was a fartlek session. My intention was to treat it as a long, easy run, which would take me up to 31 consecutive days of 3 miles or more. The temperature was around zero which made speedwork riskier than usual, so I stayed around the middle of the pack for the most part, and only really put in a proper effort on the hills. The route took us through Anniesland Cross, down to Thornwood and along Dumbarton Road. The three major climbs in the second half of the route involved Gardner Street, Cleveden Road and Cowal Road. On Gardner Street I got my HR up to a new record of 177 although I expect I could beat that with some proper speedwork. I felt quite fit after the last hill. We got back to Garscube Estate in 54:59, distance was 6.65 miles for an 8:16/mile average, HR 140.

HR zones: 2.6%, 57.7%, 31.4%, 8.3%, 0%

No comments: