Saturday 9 January 2010

3.3 miles slow, 6 miles moderate

The night splint to treat PF was working so well that I was able to go out for a run with Natasha within minutes of getting up, down to Botanic Gardens to meet Tanya, and while they continued to Anniesland Cross I headed back home via the reverse of our usual route, 3.32 miles in total.

In the afternoon I thought I would try out the heart rate monitor which came with the Forerunner. It wasn't much hassle to put on and seemed perfectly accurate while I was getting ready to go out, although I didn't know if SportTracks would even use the collected data. I went round the same route as the previous Sunday afternoon and didn't have much more success in trying to keep off the snow, due to traffic, but managed to knock a few seconds off my previous route PB, finishing in 39:44 for a 6:36/mile average for the 6.01 miles. SportTracks did indeed use the HR data and showed me an overall average (159) as well as an average for each mile, percentage in each of the five HR zones, and exactly where on the map I was running in each zone. I was in zone 4 all the way from Cowal Road to the end.

Pace splits (ave. HR): 6:49 (143), 6:37 (156), 6:28 (160), 6:34 (163), 6:40 (166), 6:26 (165)
HR zones: 0.8%, 2.7%, 39.2%, 57.4%, 0%

No comments: