Monday 9 July 2012

800m

Turned up at Scotstoun about 15 minutes ahead of what I had been told was the planned start time of the club 800m championship. I was pleased to see the 5000m was still in progress with several laps to go. After a lap of acceleration sprints, which was about as much of a warm-up as I could risk, I took my place on the starting line. Matthew got off to a fast start, but I ran at a pace I thought would be comfortable enough for the first lap, expecting that if he couldn't maintain it we would find out later on. I was a few seconds down at the bell but went through in 67 seconds, not feeling any the worse for injury, which was by far the best I could have expected, as I hadn't done anything resembling speedwork for months. Matthew extended his lead on the back straight and I finished a distant second in 2:20, possibly a PW but quite acceptable under the circumstances. Jogged a lap to warm down afterwards.

No comments: