Saturday 29 September 2012

George Cummings relay

I was put on the first leg for a fairly strong Vets' team. Wore the adiPure Adapt as I thought they might just about be OK for a short race, and they were certainly attracting some attention at the start. I was just behind Ben for the early part of the race but he started to get away as we approached the first mile point, which I went through in about 5:10, with a surprisingly high number of runners in front of me. The soles of my feet seemed to be getting increasingly warm, especially after every corner, and there were definitely some blisters coming on. I made up some places on the final climb but by now I was running with my toes clenched to protect my feet and couldn't put in much of a finishing kick. Finished in 14:33 which was 17 seconds up on last year (although 7 seconds down on 2010). We won the Vets' team prize and I was joint third fastest of all Garscube participants on the day.

No comments: